Sat Sep 09, 2017
Currently, there is no automated way to create the appropriate taskbar item with corresponding icon that can be used to open Google Drive from a Companion taskbar icon.
However, it is easy to create one manually.
Execute the following steps to create a taskbar icon that can be used to open Google Drive in a popup and that will also be used when Drive Windows are opened through the Drive Companion extension.
- Open a Google Drive window in Chrome with the extension enabled
- When the popup is shown, you should see a new taskbar item with the Google Drive icon
- Right-click on it and select Pin to taskbar
- Right-click on the taskbar icon and then right-click in the popup menu on Drive Companion
- Click on Properties
- In the Target, you should see a text starting with -api:xxxx (long number)
- Replace this -api:xxx text with the URL of the service, drive.google.com
- Save it and you are done.
From now on, when you click on the taskbar icon, it will open Drive in the appropriate window and any Drive compatible files will be grouped under this taskbar icon.