Currently, there is no automated way to create the appropriate taskbar icons that can be used to open Google Drive or Google Docs from a Companion taskbar icon.
However, it is easy to create one manually.
We will describe here how you can create a taskbar icon that can be used to open Google Drive in a popup and that will also be used when Drive Windows are opened through the Drive Companion extension.
Note: the same applies to the other Companions (Docs, Sheets, …)
- Open a Google Drive window in Chrome with the extension enabled
- When the popup is shown, you should see a new taskbar item with the Google Drive icon
- Right-click on it and select Pin to taskbar
- Right-click on the taskbar icon and then right-click in the popup menu on Drive Companion
- Click on Properties
- In the Target, you should see a text starting with -api:xxxx (long number)
- Replace this -api:xxx text with the URL of the service, drive.google.com
- You are done.